5/16/07

My GYN appointment....

Well it was enlightening. I knew I was going for a chat session about the conization deal. They cut out an ice cream shape from the cervix, because the bad stuff is up inside the canal to the Uterus. When they called me and told me the repeat test results a couple weeks ago, they only said that the test came back confirming that I needed the procedure. I had planned on, and did ask if I could wait and have it done in Sept, after the kids were back at School. Usually there is a 4-6 weeks time that you cannot go into the water.. but turns out it's only a week with what he is doing. I didn't want to ruin yet another Summer.

Turns out I can't afford to wait that long. I have pre invasive cancer cells. He said to wait the 3 months, only to find out it had become invasive would be bad.

After more conversation, and my concern of adding to chronic pain.. any procedure can do that now. He said well it *can* happen, but hopefully it won't and we don't have an options.

He will not take out all of the canal, because there are major blood vessels at the top, but he will sample what remains, along with the material that is removed.
As long as there are clean edges, and that upper area is free of bad cells, I'm all set.. except for a pap every 3 months for 2 years. (grumble).. if the results come back bad, they repeat the procedure, or, possibly do a hysterectomy.

just once, i'd like to catch a break.

Also had Pain Clinic appt today.. she was 40 minutes late getting to me, so i have to call and reschedule. This was to tell her the injections helped as much as pissing on a thousand acre fire.. and to see if they will inject my shoulders. I'm in no rush to call them. I am not impressed. Legs are getting worse fast, more conerned about that, than the shoulder pain i've lived with since.. forever. (after 15+ years, we're old friends.)

No comments: