5/8/07

Just Another Brick in the Wall...the Tuesday edition.

So it's Tuesday. Kids are off to School, Scott just left for work.. I'm alone. Will get my web work done then chore for today.. sweep. Oh, and my daily duty of picking up dog poop from the yard. He doesn't digest food well.. so it's just goo and he goes constantly. Yesterday I scooped 9 piles, (pancakes?).. had to weigh 15 pounds. Disgusting.

I told ya folks, it doesnt get anymore mundane than this.

Yesterday actually turned out to be a crazy day. My friend P came by to visit. I really miss adult conversation. We are both working through stuff so it was good for both of us. She left and not 10 minutes later the lady from Big Sisters arrived (L)... and my inbox got a couple of bits of work from one of my clients.. and then M got off the bus, in a horrid mood. (I work online, all my cllients are women.. the one who sent me the work, is like a second mom to me.. )


Of course the dogs were barking their stupid heads off, L is a person that talks non stop, even as I was trying to get screwed up orders fixed and speak on the phone to customers. So M was moaning and yelling having a fit trying to get her homework done, L was yammering in my ear.. I told her I was still working and if she could just give me 5 minutes..



Then M's new Big Sister T arrived. She is awesome. Someone you just instantly like. Turns out her birthday is the day before M's.. so after the ice was broken (meaning I literally had to physically drag M from her room to meet her).. they were fast friends. This is going to be really good for M. The kids are prisoners of this house just as I am. So at least one day a week, she can get out and have some fun. A blessing to be sure.



It's interesting how T came to be our Big Sister. She called one of the local offices a while back.. and they never returned her call. She forgot all about it. Randomly she came across our local offices poster.. she called.. and that's how we got hooked up with her.



I completely believe, that there was a reason she never heard back from the first office she called.



I am completely sure, there is a reason she randomly saw the poster, in a place she rarely goes, for our local office.



I am completely sure, that I started this process, at the correct time, for all this to come together as it did.



I believe in Divine Providence.



Maybe today I will start on a mini version of a quilt top. Scott has an Expo coming up in 2 weeks, and he would like a variety of things to show off his Framing.

I made the full version for my brother. It hangs in the entryway to his home, the very first thing you see when you walk into his home. (kinda cool huh?)

Here it is, it's called Starry Night. The mini one will be 14x16 w/out a frame.



I'm at a standstill on the quilt I showed yesterday, so I need something to keep my brain busy. Bad things happen if I don't stay occupied.

No comments: